Digital Regions Initiative Proposal- ‘Working Future’:
Received an Australian federal accolade for a superior document in content, business and site analysis and presentation - Remote Community Infrastructure audits for the Department of Education and Training’s (DET) Vocational Education and Training (VET) training centres.
The initiative was a $60Million federal proposal to enhance services in health, education and police in regional and remote NT communities. As Senior Consultant to the NT Government Alex Moraitis assessed Infrastructure and services provided to the (VET) remote training centres for a selected 20 remote community growth towns throughout all areas of the Northern Territory. The audit was focused on whether each community’s infrastructure and services were suitable to host several NT Government Education staff, trainees and students and highlighted any service deficiencies or dependencies. To facilitate the information, Alex travelled frequently via road or light aircraft to 20 remote communities, as recognised within the Working Future Terms of Reference, to conduct the assessment via consultation with community elders, NGOs, local contacts and NT Government staff/contractors.
NT Government - Department of Corporate and Information Systems (DCIS)
All of Government DCIS ICT Specialist Resource Panel Contract
Established successful partnerships within the NT Government's Department of Corporate and Information Services (DCIS) Panel Contracts for supply of professional services to NT All of Government Agencies plus Power & Water Corporation.
Key Panel Contracts include:
1. ICT Work Packages – ICT Consulting Services
2. ICT Specialist Resources – Programs and Projects
3. ICT Specialist Resources – Enterprise Computing
4. Online Services – Packaged Work & Resourcing
5. Pending: ICT Work Packages – ICT Business Solutions
Key Engagements included:
• Core Clinical Systems Renewal Program (CCSRP) - ‘One patient one record’ 250-million-dollar clinical system upgrade and integration program for the Department of Health (DoH): Provision of Program Managers, Senior Project Managers - Senior Business Analysts - Business Analysts - Data Analysts - Change Managers, Stakeholder Engagament Managers, Electronic Management Business Analysts and Test Analysts.
• Department of Health, Corporate and Bureau Services – Provision of IT Project Management services for Health’s ICT Infrastructure projects. Corporate and remote ehealth clinic environments.
• Data Centre Services – Provision of Senior Systems Engineers and Administrators
• Department of Corporate and Information Services, Enterprise Project Services (EPS) – Provision of Project Managers, Senior Business and Process Analysts for the Program Management Office which delivers multimillion dollar NT Government business system projects including MyHR, payroll, e-recruit, tenders online, identity management, Police Fire & Emergency Services, Child Protection and other core Government business systems.
• Department of Education
• Territory Families
Australia / South Pacific ICT
Offshore Oil & Gas Drilling
Lead the Australasian ICT digital transformation of regional office and oilrig data and communications infrastructure drastically improving corporate operations and employee work environment. Reduced logistical costs by establishing new vendor relations and enabling local procurement of ICT hardware and services throughout South Pacific region.
• Directed and successfully delivered a global digital transformation program to create a secure data and voice network across oil rigs and south east Asian shore-based offices for company and employee communications.
• Implemented VoIP to reduce company phone call costs globally.
• Lead an interconnectivity project between corporate headquarters, remote onshore offices and offshore drilling rigs to allow secure business transactional communications and provide internet and email service systems.
• Lead a state of the art tracking VSAT installation project across all rigs, as the backbone for all voice and data carriage services.
Senior ICT Consultancy
Consulted with NT Gov DCIS ICT Services to design and manage multiple large and complex ICT Programs directed at implementing technical innovations and enhancing system security in compliance with ICT strategic roadmap. Providing strategic leadership during ICT technology changes to the organisation.
In addition planned and delivered the recovery of major program/projects that were in a state of despair and unable to be managed by the client.
Key engagements included:
• Infrastructure, Architecture and Security (IAS) Business Unit: Project Director – Directed $16.5M innovation port-folio for research and development, cyber security, core network, architecture and storage systems to align with business strategy and corporate strategic ICT roadmap.
• NTG Data Centre ICT Fit-Out: Program Manager – Designed and directed $20Million Disaster Recovery ICT Build program to design, procure and implement the ICT and change process requirements for the new NTG data and telecommunications DR site.
• External Access to Government Systems / ICT Policy: Program Manager –Directed the external access program strategy and policy to improve security of NTG data with enhanced control of external access by employees and contractors. This included realignment of the NTG ICT Policy to steer the redevelopment of key NT Gov systems including MyHR, e-recruit, Tenders online, payroll and the virtual private network.
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI): Program Manager – Partnered with NTG Department of Health (DoH) to develop requirements and strategy to deliver highly secure, virtual clinician desktop environment for major hospital emergency department. Implemented two-factor authentication via swipe card and integrated multiple clinical applications.
• NT Health Cisco Video Conference: Program Manager – Partnered with DoH to lead the delivery of a core video conferencing system providing desktop video conferencing, live stream recordings, and virtual meeting rooms plus successfully migrated conferencing and NT remote community telehealth services from legacy systems.
• Cyber Security Program: Program Manager – Collaborated with Cyber Security Specialists (CQR and ASD) and Service Providers to identify strategies and vulnerabilities then run up program to manage a number of security remediation projects to decrease risks and violations to NT Government data.
• NTG File Service Migration: Project Director – Directed implementation of new storage area network (SAN) and migration of business data from local services onto new storage for improved data restore and elimination of requirement for local services, backup tapes, and offsite storage.
• NTG Desktop and Server Refresh: Project Director - Managed portfolio of projects focused on upgrade of infrastructure, tools, and support dependencies for Windows 7 desktop and Windows Server refresh. Managed business change requirements. Selected, trained, and mentored project managers. Managed personnel and material resources to deliver project completions in compliance with contractual goals.
‘Blue’ (Brilliant) rating for SOE Upgrade Project activities, rated by Northern Territory Government QA authorities
IT Service Management Forum
Guest presenter on Strong Project Management Methodologies at the ITSMF
(IT Service Management Forum, Darwin NT)
Certified Practicing Project Director (CPPD) & MENTOR
Director & Senior Consultant Alex Moraitis has been successfully endorsed by the AIPM with the CPPD certification. This is recognition of Alex's demonstrated application of managing Program Portfolios following strict governance and methodologies across the 9 key project elements (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Risk, Communications, Human Resources, Quality, Procurement).
Alex Moraitis is also an established AIPM volunteer mentor for the 2019 AIPM Mentoring Program in the Northern Territory. The objective of the program is to engage Australia's leading project managers to support and develop the project management leaders of tomorrow.
As a Certified Practising Project Director (CPPD) Alex's experience and skill set is a viable contribution. This volunteer role allows Alex to give back to the project community and contribute to the success of the project management profession.
Labratory Corporations of America, Belgium
ITS Division, European Operations
Successfully delivered ICT project requirements to build and or upgrade the laboratory clinical trial systems and communications infrastructure. Managed the provision of secure external access to core laboratory systems for the required clinicians. Managed the implementation of a secure frame relay communications link and integration back to the Head Quarters in North Carolina, USA for improved business and data integration between USA and European clinical trials operations. Managed vendor relationships and necessary clinical hardware and software implementation projects. Management and roll out of the Y2K compliances with 100% success rate.
Customer Award: “Commitment to quality and thoroughness in performing duties.”